It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating Timesheet report through RRDI or BIRT

Bala Rajamani (31117) | asked Jul 30 '12, 11:17 p.m.
Hello,

I'm trying to generate RRDI or BIRT report based on reported hours on the work-item time-sheet along with estimated and actual hours.

Installed RRDI but not sure how to do I obtain the values to get the required values. Would it be possible to obtain the report through RRDI? If so, can some one help to understand database scheme to obtain the desired results? Are there any tech-note or reference available pertaining to RTC?

Thanks in advance,
Bala

6 answers

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Jul 31 '12, 1:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The time sheets feature was specifically created for the Formal project management. Hence I doubt if this data is pulled into the warehouse by the data extraction ETLs.

permanent link
Alwin Brands (3547) | answered Jan 28 '13, 5:40 a.m.
Hi Bala. The TimeSheetEntry table (com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry) contains this information like internalTimeCode, internalTimeSpent. It is available through the LIVE_SNAPSHOT data source. The current version of my TimeSheet_Details report design is still not finished. I´ll share the concept version with you personally. The final version will be on this  forum in the near future.

permanent link
Bala Rajamani (31117) | answered Jul 31 '12, 2:25 p.m.
If it is not available through ETL, how do I obtain the data?

I guess the information being gathered through the work-item & it's being stored into the database but it would be nice getting the information through some means.. either through a query or report.

Thanks,

permanent link
Alwin Brands (3547) | answered Nov 09 '12, 4:45 a.m.
@Bala: after getting the same question from many users around the globe AND from clients I dived into BIRT reporting. BIRT or Business Intelligence Reporting Tool is the only NOT officially supported tool via which you can create Time Sheet overviews. I have created my first Time Sheet Report based on what I co-incidentally received from a colleague of the SWG. I plan to share this knowledge soon. There are some useful links that you should check. First three articles from Tim McMackin that helped me a lot: Creating custom reports with BIRT and Rational Team Concert: Part 1. Basic reports. There is this wiki on Rational Reporting with table info: TWiki - Datawarehouse Snapshot Schema´s and next to much more I would mention the BIRT Report Developer Guide.
@Aradhya: where can we find more explanation about the RTC table structure. For instance: I would NEVER come up with the idea to use the table Auditable_Links to link my time sheet entry (table: TimeSheetEntry) to my work items.

Comments
Vivek Pandey commented Jan 26 '13, 12:14 p.m.

Hi Alwin,

What table / snapshot to use in BIRT for timesheet info ? and also if you can please share what is possible and what is not , it would be great help .

permanent link
Rafael Pirolla (1649) | answered Aug 10 '15, 10:56 a.m.
 Is there any way to create timesheet reports in Jazz Reporting Service?

Rafael.

permanent link
Danusa Ribeiro (859) | answered Oct 22 '15, 3:10 p.m.
 @Bala 
  • Ensure that there exists at least one project area with process equal to "Formal Project Management Process"
  • For the project area selected, create several work items and assign Time Tracking information to them. (Note: The user needs to be logged as the owner of the work item to be able to add/modify Time Tracking information).
  • Select a few of the previous work items, change the owner and assign additional Time Tracking information for that new user.
  • Create new work items and assign additional Time Tracking information for the new user.
  • Set to 'false' the 'ignoreTimesheetData' advanced server property.
  • Execute the Data Collection jobs (at least Common and Work Items need to be run).
  • Ensure that the Work Items ETL job ran successfully.
  • If this is the first time that the Work Items ETL job is run, ensure that the Work Items Migration job was also successfully completed.
  • Verify the tables listed in the Done Criteria to check that the timesheet information created in the previous steps has been properly populated.
More information: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=262680&tab=rtc.planItem.v2.doneCriteria.section

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.