It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project doesn't trigger fail chain

Igor Lemes (111812) | asked Jul 25 '12, 3:26 p.m.
 Hi there,
I'm currently testing some fail scenarios and just found an issue:
My project have an step that sets a selector for the following steps(using the .bset command). It sets the right selector for every ocasion. Every step has a Fail Chain to treat failures.
The thing is, when I test the behaviour for scenarios where the selector can't find any servers, the step(following the selector set) fails but it doesn't trigger the execution of the Fail Chain.

At first, my fail chains were libraries. But I have changed them to projects, setting a selector that will make all Fail-Chain-Projects to be ran at the same machine of the Build Forge server, and the Fail Chains are still not executing.

Somebody have any idea of what might be happening?

Thanks!

Comments
Igor Lemes commented Jul 25 '12, 3:37 p.m. | edited Jul 25 '12, 4:36 p.m.

Oh, the Build Forge Version is 7.1.3.2

Igor Lemes commented Jul 25 '12, 3:49 p.m. | edited Jul 25 '12, 4:37 p.m.

Here are some screenshots that might help: (sorry about the things in portuguese)

Seth Packham commented Jul 25 '12, 4:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I converted your follow-up comments from 'answers' to 'comments' so it won't appear as if your question has already been answered.

Igor Lemes commented Jul 25 '12, 6:14 p.m.

Ok, thanks Seth!

By the way, I just solved the problem by creating a new project for treating failures in a rather generic way. Then i moved my fail chains from the steps to the Project itself.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.