It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to figure out the Current Iteration via REST API?

Hiroyuki Miyamoto (1112) | asked Jul 18 '12, 5:31 p.m.
Hello, 
I'm writing a little script with curl that would create a new defect via the REST API for bad problems that our automated tests find.  I got the basic things working, but with a lot of hardcoding (of resource IDs).

In order to minimize the ongoing maintenance of this little script, though, I'd like to be able to figure out the resource ID of the "current iteration" so I can use it for the "plannedFor" in my payload.

Would that be possible?

thanks, 
- Hiro

Comments
Adam Cheney commented Feb 18 '15, 11:57 a.m.

Hi Hiroyuki - did you ever figure this out? We're looking to answer the same question...

Hiroyuki Miyamoto commented Feb 18 '15, 2:29 p.m.

Sadly no. We ended up specifying a long-running iteration (eg. "2015 Development"), and doing annual update on the hardcoded value...

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 19 '12, 1:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hiroyhki,

I am not sure about OSLC, but I know a bunch of people have used https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticWorkItemCreation and the Plain Java Client Libraries for this kind of tasks. You should be able to get at all the data, but is is not a trivial task either. 

To have something to do it out of the box is a popular request in the Plan Jam: https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2012/07/11/jazz-plan-jam-results-are-in/

Comments
Hiroyuki Miyamoto commented Jul 20 '12, 10:34 a.m.

Thanks, Ralph, for the pointers. As I'm not looking to invest (much) more than simple curl+OSLC, I decided not to pursue the Java client route at this time. But maybe at a later time when this auto-ticketing is firmly part of our build/test process, and people start wanting more sophistication. Thanks again!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.