It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Taskboard View: Default work item color won't change when specified for certain types/states

Lola Mullen (1313) | asked Jul 17 '12, 3:24 p.m.
edited Jul 17 '12, 3:25 p.m.
 Hello! I'm trying to customize the colors of work items for our Taskboard to indicate the different states of progress for work items. I've got two problems for which I can't seem to find existing resolutions within the forums, and I feel like I've searched pretty thoroughly through here and in the IBM support docs.

1. When I change the colors for Taskboard items with "type:" listings of Epic, Story, Defect, or Task, the default color change for these items from the pale Post-It yellow to the color I've selected is reflected without delay. However, when I attempt this for "type:Dev Enhancement", it doesn't work: The Dev Enhancement work items stay yellow. 

2. When I change the colors for Taskboard items based on type and state, e.g. "type:Story state:In Progress" or "type:Story state:Ready for PO Review", no change occurs. Changes are also not reflected even without "type:" specified and only a "state:" listed. Basically, specification of the colors of work items in Taskboards via the use of "state:" doesn't seem to work for me, period.

FWIW, I am trying to color work items of varying shades of the same color in an effort to differentiate between tasks in different states (Ready for Code Review, In Progress, etc.) within the "In Progress" state group without adding new state group columns from the Project Area Admin site.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jul 18 '12, 3:38 a.m.
edited Jul 18 '12, 3:41 a.m.

have you quoted the value in the expression, if there is a space? Without this it will not work. The quote must not be around the whole expression. Just around the value.

e.g.
type:"Dev Enhancement"
type:Story state:"In Progress"
type:Story state:"Ready for PO Review"
Lola Mullen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Lola Mullen commented Jul 18 '12, 9:09 a.m.

I'll give it a shot here shortly. Man, if that's it, I'm going to feel pretty silly. Thanks!

Lola Mullen commented Jul 18 '12, 3:44 p.m. | edited Jul 19 '12, 9:26 p.m.

Well, that worked. I wish when RTC auto-populated items in the fields for "type:" and "state:" with spaces that they would include the quotes. If it hadn't autofilled my types and states, I probably would have thought that spaces would interfere with field entries. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.