It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do I have to use explicit path when invoking command with RTC4.0 "Command Line" build definitions?

Albert Mello (16166) | asked Jul 06 '12, 2:41 p.m.

We use "Command Line" build definiton for most of our builds.  With RTC 3.0.1 we do not have to be explicit when specfiying what command to run (typically it is perl).    But with RTC 4.0 (Release Candidate 5)  I have to give the explicit path to perl in order to run the command.  

Is there is some setting I should using with RTC4.0 when starting the jbe so that my path is set correctly? 

Note I can not even run "echo" as the command. 

e.g. of jbe

/local1/lwpbuild/jazz/4.0/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/jbe -vm /local1/lwpbuild/jazz/4.0/client/eclipse/jdk/bin/java -userId wplcbuilds@us.ibm.com -passwordFile /home/lwpbuild/RX6.2.2/props/passwd.wplcbuilds -engineId RX4.0-woodley.swg.usma.ibm.com -repository https://jazzvm03.swg.usma.ibm.com:9443/ccm

Comments
Spencer Murata commented Jul 13 '12, 8:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Has anything in the environment changed? I don't think there were any environment/pathing changes to the JBE in 4.0.

2 answers

permanent link
Albert Mello (16166) | answered Jul 13 '12, 10:17 a.m.
Nothing has changed in the environment.  This problem occurred with both windows and linux,  but the good news is that I am not having this problem with with RTC4.0 -  Released version.   So perhaps this was just a problem with  RC5.  

permanent link
Jerry Feldman (12710) | answered May 16 '14, 10:31 a.m.
I found a few things.
First, the command line build follows the path and in our case uses Unix/Linux rules.
So I have a script foo.sh that is both in my bin directory and in the build directory
By not using an explicit path, it will invoke my script from my bin directory. However when I use:
./foo.sh then foo.sh is executed out of the working directory specified in the build definition.

Also Linux commands are executed by following what is in the path if not otherwise specified.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.