It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do I get a licensing error when clicking on Plans --> All Plans from My Project Workspace?

Prasannakumar Copparam (11155) | asked Jun 29 '12, 6:44 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '12, 3:45 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Hi ,
I am getting the below error when clicking on the 'Plans --> All Plans' in my web client. I think there is a license issue but need to rectify the same.
Kindly help.

Error Message:
None of the client access licenses assigned to you allow to view Plans. hide details To perform the "com.ibm.team.apt.readaccess" operation, your server administrator must assign you one of the following licenses installed on the server: Contributor, Contributor, Contributor, Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms, Developer, Stakeholder, Analyst, Quality Professional. You can contact your administrator, learn more about licenses in the Information Center (under Help > Help Contents), consult the Rational License Key Center on IBM.COM, or visit Jazz.net for information on licenses available for purchase or trial.ID CRJAZ1848E

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 29 '12, 8:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
yes, this is a license issue. What license(s) does your user have assigned? You need at least a Stakeholder license in order to participate in planning.

If this answers your question, please mark the answer as accepted.

- Arne

Comments
Prasannakumar Copparam commented Jul 02 '12, 6:51 a.m.

Thanks Arne for your response. I have a license of a developer version and am unable to do anything even in my project Area, like adding or removing users or change any roles for the users in my team area. I have checked the all the configurations but there is something missing :(

Arne Bister commented Jul 03 '12, 3:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is your user definitely a member of the project area and has a team role? If that is definitely the case AND your user profile indicates the user is at least in the Jazz User group AND other users can work ok with the project Area, I'd open a PMR with support - to have things looked at in more detail (e.g. which version RTC, which app server, connected to LDAP etc.)

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | answered Dec 06 '12, 2:05 p.m.
Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same problem. In the web client I get the error and in eclipse only the Work Items section is visible. This is after upgrading from 2.x to 4.0.1, with things working fine before the upgrade. Dev license.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | answered Dec 06 '12, 4:42 p.m.
edited Dec 06 '12, 4:44 p.m.
I figured out my issue. Something went wrong with the license key import and there were 3 listings of Developer licenses - 2 active and 1 inactive. I had to delete and re-import the 2 active ones to make the inactive listing go away since it was not removable by itself. The two active listings were the 10 free licenses and the purchased licenses. It's possible I imported them in the wrong order originally - the free licenses must be imported first.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.