It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

buildforge keeps logging out users

Vaijayanti Vaidya (044) | asked Jun 20 '12, 11:42 a.m.
Hi,

We have installed BuildForge v 7.1.320.0083 with SQL Server 2008R2. The installation went well. And the server starts successfully. From the login page we can log in as root user (using pwd root) and go to console page. But when we click on any other link from console it keeps logging out the user. Error that we go on windows console is

20-Jun-2012 16:29:30 com.buildforge.services.server.manager.SessionManager getAuthContext
WARNING: Login failed - Session is invalid
20-Jun-2012 16:29:30 com.buildforge.services.server.api.APICommandProcessor process
FINE: Request [null:-788962086:80000010] completed processing in 2ms
20-Jun-2012 16:29:30 com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection process
WARNING: !!!
Throwable occurred: com.buildforge.services.common.api.APIException: API: Authentication Error.
                at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.setAuthToken(APIServerConnection.java:483)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLoginResponse(AuthCommands.java:278)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLoginImpl(AuthCommands.java:333)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLogin(AuthCommands.java:296)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.invoke(AuthCommands.java:95)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APICommandProcessor.process(APICommandProcessor.java:290)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.handleRequest(APIServerConnection.java:257)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.process(APIServerConnection.java:171)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.dispatch.callback.BufferedConnection.run(BufferedConnection.java:246)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:897)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:919)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

We have changed the logging level from tomcat properties, and after that we noticed following error quite often in the logs.

20-Jun-2012 16:29:32 com.buildforge.services.server.db.DBConnection commit
FINE: Commit on unused database connection?!
Throwable occurred: java.lang.Throwable: Here
                at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:67)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.db.DBConnection.commit(DBConnection.java:1376)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.api.ServerContext.commit(ServerContext.java:379)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.event.EventEngine.tryCommit(EventEngine.java:318)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.event.EventEngine$EventThread.pollEvents(EventEngine.java:378)
                at com.buildforge.services.server.event.EventEngine$EventThread.run(EventEngine.java:348)
20-Jun-2012 16:29:32 com.buildforge.services.server.sched.ScheduledService run

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vaijayanti

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jun 20 '12, 1:51 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 09 '12, 8:12 a.m.
Directly on the database.  The table is BF_USERS, find the BF_LOGIN where it's 'root'.  Then use the bfpwencrypt.exe to create a new password and update it to the BF_USERS table.

bfpwencrypt.exe -e <password>

returns something like:
1d6f903e1729ebd400f76d0ee34d604699b07a01a6c33d2ef792

update BF_USERS set BF_PASSWORD=&lt;long string of characters&gt; where BF_LOGIN='root';

Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

5 other answers

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jun 20 '12, 11:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try changing the password for root.  It looks like someone else is scripting against the root user.  Changing the password will invalidate the password on the script and let you log in.  If that works then you can yell at people about not scripting with the root user.

~Spencer

permanent link
Vaijayanti Vaidya (044) | answered Jun 20 '12, 12:32 p.m.
Thanks Spencer, But the fact that from console it logs me off from immediately I can't change the password from console. I did try to change password in bfclient.conf. but it did not pick up. Is there any other place where I can change the root user pwd?

permanent link
Vaijayanti Vaidya (044) | answered Jun 21 '12, 5:23 a.m.
Thanks so much Spencer. This worked. I changed the password of root user as per your suggestion and now it it working absolutely fine. I really wonder why other script was using root user and what exactly it was doing.

Anyway.. I can now start using Build Forge.

Thanks again.

permanent link
praveen patidar (8623544) | answered Aug 09 '12, 4:07 a.m.
Thank you very much.....  i got solution for my problem as well.. .

permanent link
praveen patidar (8623544) | answered Aug 09 '12, 8:09 a.m.
edited Aug 09 '12, 8:11 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
Just a lit'l change in the query
update BF_USERS
set BF_PASSWORD=&lt;long string of characters&gt;  
where BF_LOGIN='root'

:-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.