It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Forge - Unknown error

shiran shem tov (1211114) | asked Jul 29 '10, 2:42 a.m.
Hi,

When i start a build from perl script i get an error:

RESULT Unknown error - - An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine AgentReadError (Unknown error - - An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine)

I see that the error occurs from any agent and on any project.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Shiran

6 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jul 29 '10, 9:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

RESULT Unknown error - - An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine AgentReadError (Unknown error - - An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine)

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Shiran

Hi Shiran,

A couple of questions may help in diagnosing. Do you get the same message when starting the build manually? Is there a particular step or operation that step is performing that seems to cause error? What release of management console and agent are you using?

bju

permanent link
shiran shem tov (1211114) | answered Aug 01 '10, 7:45 a.m.
Hi,

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Shiran

Hi Shiran,

A couple of questions may help in diagnosing. Do you get the same message when starting the build manually? Is there a particular step or operation that step is performing that seems to cause error? What release of management console and agent are you using?

bju

Hi bju,

I am not getting this error when i run the projects manually.

I tried to run it on 3 steps:
1. is retag to the baseline i get:
.retag encountered an error during variable expansion, value '${BASELINE}-BF.$B' expanded to ''.

But i did update the BASELINE variable from the script

2. in this step i am trying to update a clearcase view, and then i get the error i sent.

3. in this step i am trying to run make command in a clearcase view and i get the error i sent.

management console 7.1.1.4.

permanent link
shiran shem tov (1211114) | answered Aug 01 '10, 8:11 a.m.
Hi,

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Shiran

Hi Shiran,

bju

Hi bju,

I am not getting this error when i run the projects manually.

I tried to run it on 3 steps:
1. is retag to the baseline i get:
.retag encountered an error during variable expansion, value '${BASELINE}-BF.$B' expanded to ''.

But i did update the BASELINE variable from the script

2. in this step i am trying to update a clearcase view, and then i get the error i sent.

3. in this step i am trying to run make command in a clearcase view and i get the error i sent.

management console 7.1.1.4.

I have tried to run a project with one step with echo command and i still get the error when running from a perl script.
From the GUI i worked.

permanent link
shiran shem tov (1211114) | answered Aug 01 '10, 11:14 a.m.
Hi again,

I have installed the build forge server on a temp machine to check if the problem is solved, when i started a simple project with echo command it worked, then i started my project and i get the error i sent.

Now when i am trying to run the simple project with the echo command i get the same error.

So i think something in my project/environment caused the problem.

Thanks,

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Aug 02 '10, 5:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi again,

I have installed the build forge server on a temp machine to check if the problem is solved, when i started a simple project with echo command it worked, then i started my project and i get the error i sent.

Now when i am trying to run the simple project with the echo command i get the same error.

Thanks,

Hi,

What is the value of your ${BASELINE} variable (any characters like \n in it), and is that variable value permanently set in that environment? Also, what agent release/build are you running against?

bju

permanent link
shiran shem tov (1211114) | answered Aug 03 '10, 2:09 a.m.
Hi again,

Thanks,

Hi,

What is the value of your ${BASELINE} variable (any characters like \n in it), and is that variable value permanently set in that environment? Also, what agent release/build are you running against?

bju

This is an example for the {BASELINE} variable:
MCMS-V9999.0.0.23.1377

The variable value is changing from build to build for example if it was MCMS-V9999.0.0.23.1377 is could change to MCMS-V9999.0.0.24.1377

The agent version is 7.1.1.4 GA (Build 0010)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.