It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating to Db2 from derby , getting connection reset

Amir Bar-or (1513026) | asked Aug 20 '08, 12:25 a.m.
I am using the provided teamserver.db2.properties

and getting this

F:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server>repotools -copy toFile=f:\temp\temp.tar target.teamserver.properties=./teamserver.db2.properties
Repo Tools, Version 1.0 - I20080618-1642
Provisioning using "F:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\\provision_profiles".
Rational Jazz Team Server - Standard (60 day trial)
Loading configuration from "file:teamserver.properties".
CRJAZ0503I Failed to connect to the database: " A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: TCP/IP.
Communication API being used: SOCKETS. Location where the error was detected: Reply.fill().
Communication function detecting the error: InputStream.read(). Protocol specific error codes Connection reset, *, 0. Message: Connection reset"
Db Name/Location: "//localhost:50000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
Fulltext Index Location: workitemindex\fulltext_index\
CRJAZ0503I Failed to connect to the database: " A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: TCP/IP.
Communication API being used: SOCKETS. Location where the error was detected: Reply.fill().
Communication function detecting the error: InputStream.read(). Protocol specific error codes Connection reset, *, 0. Message: Connection reset"
Db Name/Location: "//localhost:50000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: TCP/IP.
Communication function detecting the error: InputStream.read(). Protocol specific error codes Connection reset, *, 0. Message: Connection reset

Any advice?

2 answers

permanent link
Amir Bar-or (1513026) | answered Aug 20 '08, 8:41 a.m.
ok. Found the problem , you forgot to mention that you need to create the DB2 database in your migration guide.

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Aug 20 '08, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
teamserver.db2.properties points to "Jazz" DB2 database connection. Did you create a DB2 database connection before running repotools -copy ?

Steps to migrate Derby to DB2 :

1. Create a database instance in DB2 (db2 create database command). We are experiencing a problem if database instance is named "Jazz". (bug 41503 - db creation fails on db2 with instance named "jazz"). You might want to create a database instance not named Jazz.

2. Update teamserver.properties to refer to the correct db2 and derby database instances

3. Use repotools -copy to copy the contents of the db from derby to DB2.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.