It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DM 4.0 M8: Is there a way to show UML symbols with customized views in the web client?

Petter von Dolwitz (561812) | asked Jun 14 '12, 7:16 a.m.
edited Jun 14 '12, 7:48 a.m.
Hi,

we have used the org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core.viewProviders extension point on the RSA side to change the apperance of UML Class symbols with our stereotypes applied. When looking at a diagram containing such symbols in the web client I get red squares annotated with "invalid view - remove from diagram". Will DM be able to show these symbols at some stage, even if just with the standard Class symbol? Is there someting I can do to make these symbols appear? Attaching images to point out the problem. First screenshot is from the RSA client and the second from the DM web client.

Diagram in RSA
Diagram in DM

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tao Weng (7824) | answered Sep 04 '12, 12:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not an officially supported scenario and we are not planning to support it in 4.0 time frame. I feel really sorry about it.
Petter von Dolwitz selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Tao Weng (7824) | answered Jun 15 '12, 9:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Petter,

The only way to do this is to patch DM 4.0 server with your plugin. After that, DM server will recognize your plugin (view providers) and able to render the diagram properly. I have never done this myself with a production DM server before, but know that it is doable. I will find out the exact steps for you. The steps may be very similar to how to deploy custom profile jar in DM 3.0, build update site and provision the server....

But before doing that, I would like to gather more information from  you. Are you running your DM server in Windows or Linux? Are you using Tomcat or WAS?

Best regards,
Tao

Comments
Petter von Dolwitz commented Aug 30 '12, 2:38 a.m.

Hi Tao,

did you manage to find any instructions on how to make these symbols visible in the DM Web UI?

permanent link
Petter von Dolwitz (561812) | answered Jun 18 '12, 3:56 a.m.
Hi Tao,

our DM server runs on Linux and we are using Tomcat.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.