It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to search within a tag in jazz.net forum

Chidambaram L (23414287) | asked Jun 11 '12, 1:21 a.m.
jazz.net interface has changed in the last week.
Now I need to align myself to the new website.
Searching through a forum has changed tremendously.
How do I search within a tag ? Currently search results shows information from all the tags. My search should only show questions that are tagged to RRC only.

If this is not possible, request jazz.net to revert to old forum.

- Chidambaram
ALM Consultant.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jan 17 '13, 11:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, Chidambaram.

You can do the sort of searches you want by using the advanced search options. At the moment, these are not available/visible until after you have done a search (I'm filing an Enhancement request to  change that).

So do any search, then you can see the advanced search options. From there you will see that surrounding text with square brackets will treat that text as a tag. So to search for questions about "upgrade" that are tagged with "rational-team-concert" your search contents would be: [rational-team-concert] upgrade

There are additional terms that can be added and you can use more than one tag. For example, if you wanted to search for posts by me tagged rational-team-concert and were about scripting, you would use: [rational-team-concert] user:millarde script
Millard Ellingsworth selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Spencer Griffin (41126) | answered Jun 11 '12, 9:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Searching within a tag is unfortunately not available right now. We plan to add this soon.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.