It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to query a HTTP Filtered Value Set?

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked May 30 '12, 10:26 a.m.
Hi,

I have created an enumeration list from a HTTP Filtered Value Set and I am displaying my project name in the workitem presentation. Everything is fine. I added the project attribute as "Value Picker"

But when I want to create query which will filter my workitems accoring to the selected value in the "projects" field, I get "Use the Full Text attribute if you would like to query this attribute's contents" in the query editor page.

I saw the post on https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataSourceValueSetProviders#Query_Editor_Presentations and added the required XML code to my process template.

My attribute id is "project" and its kind is "com.ibm.team.workitem.kind.internal.valuesetpicker" so I changed the XML given in the url but didnt worked. Still getting the same error.

It should be possible to query workitems accorind to an HTTP Filtered Value set but couldn't do it. is there any one who succeded?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashank Balasubramanian (1361) | answered May 30 '12, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

The value set picker capability in the query editor is only applicable for small and medium strings. Are you sure the attribute you created is not a large string type?

Shashank
RTC - Tracking and Planning

Hi,

I have created an enumeration list from a HTTP Filtered Value Set and I am displaying my project name in the workitem presentation. Everything is fine. I added the project attribute as "Value Picker"

But when I want to create query which will filter my workitems accoring to the selected value in the "projects" field, I get "Use the Full Text attribute if you would like to query this attribute's contents" in the query editor page.

I saw the post on https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataSourceValueSetProviders#Query_Editor_Presentations and added the required XML code to my process tempalte.

In my workitem presentation my attribute is shown like that
<configuration>
<query>
<presentations>
<presentation attributeId="projects" kind="kind="com.ibm.team.workitem.kind.internal.valuesetpicker"/
</presentations
</query>
</configuration-data
Canberk Akduygu selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered May 31 '12, 1:38 a.m.
I used Large String :)

I'll try small or medium string. thank you very much.

also edited the first message which was poorly delivered when I posted it. Sorry if I made you confused with the message.

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Oct 09 '12, 3:03 p.m.

hello again,

I try to create an attribute which will hold RRC's project area's name. I use HTTP filtered Values to acheive this.

I used https://server:port/rm/discovery/RMCatalogue link which returns the list of all RRC projects in xml format. I believed there would be no problem reading those xml datasource value by Xpath but could succeded. I always get "Peer Authencation failed" error when I use Basic Authentication. I cant use Form Based Authentication as I dont know requested parameters.

Is it possible to do such operation?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 30 '12, 7:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please see this blog post from Jorge for an additional code example.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.