It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plugin deployment - error

VK L (8177139159) | asked May 28 '12, 4:35 a.m.
Hi Sam,
I get the below errors after including "com.ibm.team.workitem.client" dependency in manifest file:

2012-05-28 15:38:58,168 ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService - CRJAZ0291I Failed to start the bundle "advisor.example 1.0.0.201205281530".
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.workitem.client; bundle-version="3.0.2"
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1297)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:272)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.startFeatureBundles(ProvisionService.java:1341)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1049)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1146)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1084)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1163)
at com.ibm.team.repository.web.internal.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:125)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

* The component is available in the target platform path though (SDK).

My manifest file is as:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Example
Bundle-SymbolicName: advisor.example;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-Activator: advisor.example.Activator
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
com.ibm.team.process.common;bundle-version="1.2.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.client;bundle-version="3.0.2";visibility:=reexport,
com.ibm.team.process.service;bundle-version="1.2.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.common;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.service;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.repository.client;bundle-version="1.2.0";visibility:=reexport,
com.ibm.team.repository.common;bundle-version="1.2.0",
com.ibm.team.repository.service;bundle-version="1.1.2"
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy

Thanks.

5 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.4k6182201) | answered May 28 '12, 7:46 a.m.
Hi Sam,
I get the below errors after including "com.ibm.team.workitem.client" dependency in manifest file:

2012-05-28 15:38:58,168 ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService - CRJAZ0291I Failed to start the bundle "advisor.example 1.0.0.201205281530".
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.workitem.client; bundle-version="3.0.2"

Thanks.

yes, '.client' means on the client(eclipse or standalone app) end.. never on the server..

so, you will need to find .common or .service supported classes & methods

I look in the server update directories to figure out which is installed.
usually server\conf\ccm\sites\rtc-commons-update-site\plugins

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712733) | answered May 30 '12, 7:43 a.m.
Hi Valli,

You need to install RTC SDK 3.1 and include
WorkItemInitialization and
WorkItemInitialization in the manifest dependencies tab.

Hi Sam,

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1297)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:272)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.startFeatureBundles(ProvisionService.java:1341)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1049)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1146)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1084)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1163)
at com.ibm.team.repository.web.internal.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:125)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

* The component is available in the target platform path though (SDK).

My manifest file is as:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Example
Bundle-SymbolicName: advisor.example;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-Activator: advisor.example.Activator
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
com.ibm.team.process.common;bundle-version="1.2.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.client;bundle-version="3.0.2";visibility:=reexport,
com.ibm.team.process.service;bundle-version="1.2.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.common;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.service;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.repository.client;bundle-version="1.2.0";visibility:=reexport,
com.ibm.team.repository.common;bundle-version="1.2.0",
com.ibm.team.repository.service;bundle-version="1.1.2"
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy

Thanks.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.4k6182201) | answered May 30 '12, 8:53 a.m.
I don't understand your suggestion.. that will not resolve the coding problem

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.workitem.client;

that plugin will never be found on the server runtime.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712733) | answered May 30 '12, 9:11 a.m.
Sam,

I thought she has wrongly added the Client plugin in to the xml.
So i suggested her to add the com.ibm.team.workitem.common and com.ibm.team.workitem.service in the manifest xml.

I don't understand your suggestion.. that will not resolve his coding problem

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.workitem.client;

that plugin will never be found on the server runtime.

permanent link
VK L (8177139159) | answered May 30 '12, 9:22 a.m.
Yeah...As Sam has mentioned, there was no problems with the manifest file...I used methods relevant to server-side plugin and it works now

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.