It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

API javadoc

Luk Stephenson (51111) | asked Apr 26 '10, 5:30 a.m.
I've downloaded the RTC Build System Toolkit as I wish to do some development using the API. I have looked on jazz.net and can't find any javadoc API reference. Anyone know where I can find it.

The class in particular that I'm looking for the javadoc for currently is com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.

Anyone else struggling to find valuable documentation on jazz.net?

21 answers

permanent link
Al Habte (11) | answered May 03 '10, 10:00 a.m.
I am also looking for the documentation of the API to learn its capabilities and assess what it takes to integrate third party products as well as internal ones, which are not jazz based. I have installed RTC 2.0.0.2 Client and was not able locate any useful API information. Examples on how the API was used to integrate other tools would also help.

permanent link
Al Habte (11) | answered May 03 '10, 10:01 a.m.
I am also looking for the documentation of the API to learn its capabilities and assess what it takes to integrate third party products as well as internal ones, which are not jazz based. I have installed RTC 2.0.0.2 Client and was not able locate any useful API information. Examples on how the API was used to integrate other tools would also help.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 03 '10, 3:35 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

there is some information provided with the SDK. You can find it creating extensions on the classes and interfaces. A good point to start however is here: http://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk20

permanent link
Luk Stephenson (51111) | answered May 05 '10, 8:37 a.m.
Hi,

there is some information provided with the SDK. You can find it creating extensions on the classes and interfaces. A good point to start however is here: http://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk20

Hi Ralph,

I've taken a look at that wiki page, although my preference when developing against a 3rd party library is to use the javadoc in conjuction with a reference manual.

I'm guessing from your response there is no javadoc.

Thanks

Luke

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 05 '10, 9:36 a.m.
Hi,

not that I'd know. Is the complete source code good enough? You can find it where you can find the SDK download.

Ralph

Hi,

Hi Ralph,

I've taken a look at that wiki page, although my preference when developing against a 3rd party library is to use the javadoc in conjuction with a reference manual.

I'm guessing from your response there is no javadoc.

Thanks

Luke

permanent link
William Fu (4611) | answered May 11 '10, 5:54 a.m.
Looking for JavaDoc API manual to study +1
:-)

,Will

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 11 '10, 8:53 a.m.
You could use the SDK as mentioned. I assume you would also able to genereate Java Doc from the source code and documentation that comes with the SDK.
8-)

Ralph

,Will

permanent link
Gen Nishimura (6) | answered May 28 '10, 2:27 a.m.
This is by no means complete, but I'm creating build.xml for generating API docs.

Get the SDK first. Then run ant and see how it goes.
(You definitely need to modify some of the elements, especially paths)

Currently I'm getting ClassCastException mensioned here (http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6442982) and haven't been able to succeed the build (of javadoc)

Is anyone interested in helpging me here?

Gen

You could use the SDK as mentioned. I assume you would also able to
genereate Java Doc from the source code and documentation that comes
with the SDK.
8-)
Ralph

hwfuwrote:

,Will

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237750) | answered Nov 08 '10, 7:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is by no means complete, but I'm creating build.xml for generating API docs.

Get the SDK first. Then run ant and see how it goes.
(You definitely need to modify some of the elements, especially paths)

Currently I'm getting ClassCastException mensioned here (http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6442982) and haven't been able to succeed the build (of javadoc)

Is anyone interested in helpging me here?

Gen

You could use the SDK as mentioned. I assume you would also able to
genereate Java Doc from the source code and documentation that comes
with the SDK.
8-)
Ralph

hwfuwrote:

,Will

Has anyone from either the development team or the community be successful at generating some for of useful Javadoc to help our users extend RTC?

permanent link
Shlomo Shizgal (11) | answered Nov 11 '10, 10:10 a.m.

Has anyone from either the development team or the community be successful at generating some for of useful Javadoc to help our users extend RTC?

I generated Javadoc from the RTC source files that I downloaded.

I now have a 50MB zip file of all the HTML files.

Any ideas on how to best share this with the other members of the forum?

Is there anywhere here I can upload the file to?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.