It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Putting additional details in test script in RQM -

Shivanand Divekar (621112) | asked May 23 '12, 3:50 p.m.
RQM supports two types of steps in test scripts viz. Execution step and Report step. However, I am looking to have more types specific to my need. E.g. my requirement is to have 'Setup' step, 'Procedure' step, 'Check' step etc.

Is there any way to add custom types of step?

Or else is it possible to add one more column which I can configure so that user can have a combo box appearing in row being edited to select a step type?

One answer

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered May 25 '12, 12:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RQM supports two types of steps in test scripts viz. Execution step and Report step. However, I am looking to have more types specific to my need. E.g. my requirement is to have 'Setup' step, 'Procedure' step, 'Check' step etc.

Is there any way to add custom types of step?

Or else is it possible to add one more column which I can configure so that user can have a combo box appearing in row being edited to select a step type?

There is no capability to add custom step types and there is no way to add a column to the script steps themselves. The best vehicle for providing this information to testers at the moment would be comments. You can certain submit an enhancement request to allow further customization of steps within scripts through http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.