It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

dashboard gadgets, charts, etc

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked May 23 '12, 12:23 p.m.
We have a need to create some new dashboard widgets, to display our own data, or some other perspective of RTC data.. and want to use bar charts, pies, etc..

I 'think' that means we need to run 'reports' with those presentation types, and use those reports in the gadgets..

Any other approaches? all the existing graphs, I can change the data very little.. (switch project, etc)

sam

4 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered May 23 '12, 10:59 p.m.
Hi sam,
you are correct. you can design new reports with required data, parameters, charts etc and include them as widgets in the dashboard.

Insight Reports -> Built-in widget called "Custom Report" is available.
Birt Reports -> You can create new widgets to include them

Thanks.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 29 '12, 5:24 p.m.
I don't see 'Custom Report' in the Insight or report studio toolset..

have a navigation path?

thx

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered May 29 '12, 9:57 p.m.
Hi Sam,
All the reports created under public folders in Insight can be accesses from RTC provided the servers connectivity configuration (initial) is done.
Now, from RTC, Reports->Report Templates, select "Create template from custom report" icon on the top, then choose the report from under "custom reports" give a suitable id and then save it.
While adding a widget in the dashboard, choose "Custom report" widget. It will prompt you with the available report templates added from insight. You can click on configure report to choose it. Report runs connecting to insight and will display the output.

Thanks.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 30 '12, 9:16 a.m.
ah.. our rtc hasn't been configured to Insight yet for output consumption. I can only go to the insight UI directly..

and

you were talking web UI.. and I was looking on Eclipse UI..
(try never to use the web ui!.)

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.