It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Save absences with JazzAdmins privileges using the Server Side API

Francisco Rodriguez (561528) | asked Jul 24 '14, 2:35 p.m.
edited Jul 24 '14, 2:44 p.m.
 Hi everybody,

Currently, the absences can only be set by the users with JazzAdmins privileges, but we need that users with JazzUsers privileges and specific roles can also set the absences through the Web UI or the Eclipse UI. Is there a way to perform the save action with JazzAdmins privileges using the Server API? 

This question derived from this one:

I appreciate your answers.

Thanks in advance,
Francisco R.

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 24 '14, 9:18 p.m.
edited Jul 31 '14, 6:43 p.m.
as I mentioned in the original topic, I don't think it is possible to bypass the security model.

U might be able to get a new application to work with a crazy dual application model, but not the standard application..

crazy model

new ui  ----->   web app on same app server as rtc (or nearby)
web ap uses client apis to logon to RTC  as special jazzadmin user
normal client apis to change data

Francisco Rodriguez selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Francisco Rodriguez commented Jul 31 '14, 6:20 p.m. | edited Jul 31 '14, 6:23 p.m.

Yes, you are right. It is not possible to bypass the security model. Then, I decided to develop a web service using the Client API, so the privileges are not a problem anymore. 

Thanks, Sam! 

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 01 '14, 1:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You could use the API and code in a special technical user with the required permissions. But you can not bypass the security model.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.