It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM status subcommand

Dustin Cote (2844) | asked May 21 '12, 5:25 p.m.
I'm trying to use the scm status subcommand to check for new changesets in the RTC stream before loading them into my workspace. This is useful for avoiding unnecessary builds when scheduling using Build Forge. My problem is that the scm status command was working ok for awhile and then started failing with an exception. The only change I have made is accepting changes into the workspace and deleting/loading components. How can I remove whatever corruption there is in the metadata? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Unexpected exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Inverse metadata missing for item
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.getItemInfo(CopyFileAreaStore.java:1056)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker$1.visit(LocalChangeTracker.java:853)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Shareable$1.visit(Shareable.java:250)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.acceptAll(SharingMetadata2.java:1871)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.acceptAll(SharingMetadata2.java:1883)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.acceptAll(SharingMetadata2.java:1883)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.accept(SharingMetadata2.java:1845)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.accept(CopyFileAreaStore.java:2406)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Shareable.accept(Shareable.java:306)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker.computePendingChanges(LocalChangeTracker.java:735)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.refreshSynchronously(LocalChangeManager.java:356)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.doRefresh(LocalChangeManager.java:394)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.refreshChanges(LocalChangeManager.java:608)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.rest.util.RefreshUtil.recomputeLocalChanges(RefreshUtil.java:89)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.rest.FilesystemRestClient.getRecomputeLocalChanges(FilesystemRestClient.java:980)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(null)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.daemon.JSONHandler.handle(JSONHandler.java:321)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection.readNextRequest(HttpConnection.java:628)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection$1.run(HttpConnection.java:470)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.util.MarshallerUtil.decodeExceptions(MarshallerUtil.java:326)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.serialize.internal.JSONDeserializer.deserializeErrorObj(JSONDeserializer.java:957)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.serialize.internal.JSONDeserializer.deserializeException(JSONDeserializer.java:933)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.marshalling.EObjectJSONDeserializer.deserializeError(EObjectJSONDeserializer.java:72)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.restproxy.RestInvocationHandler.executeRequest(RestInvocationHandler.java:267)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.restproxy.RestInvocationHandler.executeAndReturnResult(RestInvocationHandler.java:221)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.restproxy.RestInvocationHandler.invokeInternal(RestInvocationHandler.java:368)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.restproxy.RestInvocationHandler.invoke(RestInvocationHandler.java:311)
at $Proxy15.getRecomputeLocalChanges(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.refreshLocalChanges(PendingChangesUtil.java:581)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printPendingChanges(PendingChangesUtil.java:501)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printPendingChanges(PendingChangesUtil.java:461)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printPendingChanges(PendingChangesUtil.java:435)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.StatusCmd.run(StatusCmd.java:107)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:651)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.doStart(SubcommandLauncher.java:398)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:175)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.start(Application.java:39)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
Scm:
An error has occurred. See the log file

4 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 22 '12, 9:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I should also mention that I am having no trouble removing or loading the workspace. The problem comes only when I try to run any commands besides scm accept/load.
This is a bug. You shouldn't get error messages like this.

So you still get the problem when you have reloaded the workspace? If so, you should open a defect.

permanent link
Dustin Cote (2844) | answered Aug 01 '13, 11:56 a.m.
I'm not sure why this got responses again, but I did end up opening a defect for it.  I ended up using the RTC/Buildforge integration that is built in to RTC.  Upgrading to RTC 4 made this functionality work much better, so I'll mark this answered with the solution being to not use the CLI and just use the RTC/Buildforge integration through the build engine or use the ANT Toolkit (which seems much more solid than the CLI at this point).

permanent link
Dustin Cote (2844) | answered May 21 '12, 5:26 p.m.
I should also mention that I am having no trouble removing or loading the workspace. The problem comes only when I try to run any commands besides scm accept/load.

permanent link
Dustin Cote (2844) | answered May 22 '12, 10:43 a.m.
This is a bug. You shouldn't get error messages like this.

So you still get the problem when you have reloaded the workspace? If so, you should open a defect.

Reloading the workspace doesn't change the error.

I've found that I can work around this problem by restarting the machine. There must be some cache that gets cleared? Where can I open a defect for this problem?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jul 29 '13, 9:38 a.m.

Restarting which machine ?  The one running your build client ?

Shashikant Padur commented Jul 30 '13, 5:25 a.m. | edited Jul 30 '13, 5:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Seems like the meta data was corrupt but not sure how restarting the machine worked. You can also try running 'scm repair' to repair the metadata if it is corrupt.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.