It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

what does option in "restr assoc to closed wi" do?

Martina Riedel (20323341) | asked May 19 '12, 3:10 p.m.
I am looking at project area - process configuration - team configuration - operation behavior - source control save change set links and comments
precondition - Restrict associating to closed work items

what does the option "restrict associating change sets with work items in the same project as the component owner" do?

everything else I think I can tell from what it says, but this one escapes me.
googling did not find anything helpful.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 19 '12, 7:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here is what I understand it to do:
A change-set is always associated with some component (i.e., it modifies artifacts that are owned by some component). If the component is owned by a project/team area, then when the "associate work item" operation is applied to the change set, it verifies that the project area of the owner of the component is the same as the project area of the owner of the work item.

So this is useful if you want to make sure that only work items in the same project area as the component are used to modify that component.

I personally find it strange that this functionality is exposed as a check-box under the "restrict associating to closed work items" precondition, which seems to me to be a completely unrelated check. I've submitted work item 212464 to get this separated out as its own precondition.

Cheers,
Geoff

I am looking at project area - process configuration - team configuration - operation behavior - source control save change set links and comments
precondition - Restrict associating to closed work items

what does the option "restrict associating change sets with work items in the same project as the component owner" do?

everything else I think I can tell from what it says, but this one escapes me.
googling did not find anything helpful.

permanent link
Martina Riedel (20323341) | answered May 19 '12, 9:01 p.m.
thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.