It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to filter notifications in RTC Eclipse

Colin Thorne (22421619) | asked May 15 '12, 9:21 a.m.
I wonder if anyone knows how to filter the alert notifications that pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen when using the RTC Eclipse client. I have found Window->Preferences->Notifications and now I would like to set the values to see a subset of 'Build Finished' notifications for some specific build definitions.

However, although I have tried different combinations of Match strings in the Conditions box I cannot find any values that work. I have tried various combinations including the name of the build definition and any string beginning with the string "Successful". Whichever value I use I get *no* alerts showing.

Does anyone know how I should use this Match string for build notifications?

Thanks, Colin.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Sep 26 '12, 7:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@cjthorne: did you ever find a solution for this?

One answer

permanent link
Colin Thorne (22421619) | answered Oct 22 '12, 8:26 a.m.
edited Oct 22 '12, 8:27 a.m.
I have managed to find an answer to my own question. The solution was to make sure I used a wildcard at the beginning of my string.

Go to Window->Preferences->General->Notifications
Select "Build Finished"
Add a new Notification
In the entry field for Match string, type in the build name for which you want to be notified. Make sure you add a wildcard at the beginning. For example, if you want to find all builds with the title "Install", add the letters "*Install*" (without the quotes).
Click Apply

My mistake before was to assume that the name of the build definition was at the beginning of the notification. I tried matching notifications with the string "Install*" and the notifications would not appear.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.