It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Choose which workspace to apply patch to

James Clarke (21122) | asked May 14 '12, 9:33 a.m.
I am merging changesets between streams using the Eclipse Client. I changed the flow target and accepted a changeset which resulted in a patch being created under Pending Patches. So far so good.

Now I want to apply the patch to get a set of unresolved changes that I can check in as a new changeset. The problem is that I can't seem to choose which workspace to apply the patch to. If I choose merge into workspace on the patch it always picks the bottom workspace in the list.

I'm using:
Version: 3.0.1.3
Build id: RTC-I20120326-1442

Can anyone help? It would be much appreciated!

James Clarke
Ericsson

2 answers

permanent link
James Clarke (21122) | answered May 14 '12, 11:23 a.m.
I found a work-around, if I run multiple instances of the Eclipse Client with each one only loading a single repository workspace there is only ever one target for the patch to be applied to.

permanent link
Paul Crockett (6) | answered May 14 '12, 11:32 a.m.
This is a known limitation/problem, the following enhancement request exists to address it:
114503: Support applying patches when the client has two workspaces with same content loaded

As you have found, the problem can be resolved by only ever having one repository workspace loaded at a time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.