It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

History of files within Workspace

Eric Benzacar (411012) | asked May 11 '12, 12:04 p.m.
Hi,

I've been using RTC for a few months and one thing that I cannot seem to figure out is if/how to get history for files that are within my personal workspace.

I see my Repository Workspace as my personal stream for a particular stream. Any changes/modifications/etc that I check-in are local to my repo only (ie: my individual stream). Consequently, I would expect to be able to see the history for those files and be able to roll-back changes.

I know I can use my "local history" within my eclipse editor to accomplish that, but it doesn't provide any safety in case my PC crashes, or more importantly, if I want to work off two independent PCs (ex: desktop and laptop) using the same workspace.

Is this something that can be configured, or did RTC just miss the boat with this one?

Tx,

Eric

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 11 '12, 5:19 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Select a file in the package explorer view, or in an editor opened on a file, select the Team->Show_History operation.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi,

I've been using RTC for a few months and one thing that I cannot seem to figure out is if/how to get history for files that are within my personal workspace.

I see my Repository Workspace as my personal stream for a particular stream. Any changes/modifications/etc that I check-in are local to my repo only (ie: my individual stream). Consequently, I would expect to be able to see the history for those files and be able to roll-back changes.

I know I can use my "local history" within my eclipse editor to accomplish that, but it doesn't provide any safety in case my PC crashes, or more importantly, if I want to work off two independent PCs (ex: desktop and laptop) using the same workspace.

Is this something that can be configured, or did RTC just miss the boat with this one?

Tx,

Eric

permanent link
Eric Benzacar (411012) | answered May 11 '12, 5:22 p.m.
Select a file in the package explorer view, or in an editor opened on a file, select the Team->Show_History operation.

This only gives me the history at the stream level, but not at my workspace level. Ex: if I make changes to my file, check-in, make changes again, check in again, make changes a third time and check-in a third time, I would like to be able to see those 3 different versions. Note that I am not making any delivers to the stream at this point - only checking in to my workspace.

However, the history will only show me the history of the file at the stream level and I cannot see those 3 versions that I checked in, but did not deliver to the stream.

Thanks,

Eric

permanent link
Anbarasu Arivoli (811828) | answered Jan 20 '14, 1:50 a.m.

Hi Eric,

Have you got answer to your above question?

Even I want to track the history of my checked in changes before delivered.

Thanks,

Anbu

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.