It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 Eclipse client web install

Berthold Kröger (7841923) | asked Jan 28 '11, 3:25 a.m.
Dear all, on our side the new RTC 3 server was already installed. Now I try to install the RTC 3.0 Eclipse client. I downloaded the web-installer .zip file (RTC-Web-Installer-Win-3.0.zip), extracted all files to C:\RTC3 and started launchpad.exe. Here I selected option "Rational Team Concert - Client for Eclipse IDE". IBM Installation manager starts and presents this error message:

The package com.ibm.team.install.rtc.client.eclipse, requested in file C:\RTC3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-client.xml, was not found

What did I wrong?

4 answers

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Jan 28 '11, 4:48 p.m.
Hi,

It is possible that you have a corrupted install file.

Where did you get this file "RTC-Web-Installer-Win-3.0.zip" from? I don't see it on the RTC v3.0 download page.

I would recommend downloading this file "RTC-Web-Installer-Win-3.0.zip" from the RTC v3.0 Downloads page. It is located in the top section labeled "Web Installers" on this web page here:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0?p=allDownloads

- Walter

Dear all, on our side the new RTC 3 server was already installed. Now I try to install the RTC 3.0 Eclipse client. I downloaded the web-installer .zip file (RTC-Web-Installer-Win-3.0.zip), extracted all files to C:\RTC3 and started launchpad.exe. Here I selected option "Rational Team Concert - Client for Eclipse IDE". IBM Installation manager starts and presents this error message:

The package com.ibm.team.install.rtc.client.eclipse, requested in file C:\RTC3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-client.xml, was not found

What did I wrong?

permanent link
Berthold Kröger (7841923) | answered Feb 01 '11, 8:14 a.m.
Dear Walter,

I did download it from the recommended download page. The index in brackets was added by internet explorer.

Meanwhile I found a workaround downloading the full file for Installation Manager.

Best regards,
Berthold

Hi,

It is possible that you have a corrupted install file.

Where did you get this file "RTC-Web-Installer-Win-3.0.zip" from? I don't see it on the RTC v3.0 download page.

I would recommend downloading this file "RTC-Web-Installer-Win-3.0.zip" from the RTC v3.0 Downloads page. It is located in the top section labeled "Web Installers" on this web page here:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0?p=allDownloads

- Walter

What did I wrong?

permanent link
Thomas Clemente (111) | answered Feb 01 '11, 4:05 p.m.
Please provide how to get 'full file' thank you

Meanwhile I found a workaround downloading the full file for Installation Manager.

permanent link
Berthold Kröger (7841923) | answered Feb 02 '11, 1:35 a.m.
Hello Thomas,

I download the 'Installation Manager Repository' for the 'Client for Eclipse IDE' from the 'All downloads' page.

Best regards,
Berthold

Please provide how to get 'full file' thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.