It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JBE build engine command line syntax

David Dulling (13731212) | asked May 11 '12, 3:11 a.m.
Hi, all

I've tried looking for this everywhere but so far have drawn a blank. Does anyone know where I can get a full list of the jbe command line syntax, parameters and meanings please?

I know that if I had the build engine installed I could simply execute jbe and everything would be displayed but I don't (and I can't).

I'm looking at a command line that somebody else has created and it has 2 parameters ("-participants" and "noComplete") which I particularly need to understand

Thanks

David

3 answers

permanent link
Eric Benzacar (41912) | answered May 11 '12, 12:25 p.m.
Hi, all
I've tried looking for this everywhere but so far have drawn a blank. Does anyone know where I can get a full list of the jbe command line syntax, parameters and meanings please?

Example usage: jbe -repository https://repository:9443/jazz -userId buildUser -pass myPassword123

Required arguments:
-repository <repository> (address of a Jazz repository)
One of the following:
1. -userId <user> (user id of a user defined in the Jazz repository) AND (-pass <user> or -passwordFile <password>)
2. -certificateFile <certificate> (the file containing the user's login certificate) AND (-pass <user> or -passwordFile <password>)
3. -smartCard (tells JBE to use the connected smart card for authentication) AND -userId <user>

Optional arguments:
-engineId <engine> (engine id of a build engine defined in the Jazz repository, default is "default")
-repositories <repositories> (path to file containing info about one or more repositories and their credentials)
-passwordFile <password> (path to a file created with -createPasswordFile)
-sleepTime <seconds> (sleep interval for build request polling, default is 30 seconds)
-verbose (for detailed logging of build engine activity)

For additional information about the Jazz Build Engine and its arguments (e.g. -createPasswordFile) please see the readme.txt located in the "buildsystem" directory.

CRRTC3529I: Completed JBE execution, RC=1.

HTH,

Eric

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered May 11 '12, 5:57 p.m.
Hi, Eric

Thanks very much for tasking the time to put this information up here

Cheers

David

Hi, all

Example usage: jbe -repository https://repository:9443/jazz -userId buildUser -pass myPassword123

Required arguments:
-repository <repository> (address of a Jazz repository)
One of the following:
1. -userId <user> (user id of a user defined in the Jazz repository) AND (-pass <user> or -passwordFile <password>)
2. -certificateFile <certificate> (the file containing the user's login certificate) AND (-pass <user> or -passwordFile <password>)
3. -smartCard (tells JBE to use the connected smart card for authentication) AND -userId <user>

Optional arguments:
-engineId <engine> (engine id of a build engine defined in the Jazz repository, default is "default")
-repositories <repositories> (path to file containing info about one or more repositories and their credentials)
-passwordFile <password> (path to a file created with -createPasswordFile)
-sleepTime <seconds> (sleep interval for build request polling, default is 30 seconds)
-verbose (for detailed logging of build engine activity)

For additional information about the Jazz Build Engine and its arguments (e.g. -createPasswordFile) please see the readme.txt located in the "buildsystem" directory.

CRRTC3529I: Completed JBE execution, RC=1.

HTH,

Eric

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered May 21 '12, 3:48 a.m.
Just in case anyone else needs this information, I found the information I needed about the "-participants" option in the following very useful article

https://jazz.net/library/article/607/

I still have been unable to find out what the "noComplete" option does though

It seems strange that the jbe help does not list these 2 options at all it seems

David

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.