It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Validators. Attribute Costumization. When an attribute is not filled get an error message?

Daniel Flores Montanez (19813) | asked Dec 03 '15, 12:03 p.m.
 I was wondering how to make it so that WI prompt up an error when an attribute field is not filled.
The field should accept all strings except the empty string.

I want to do this through the validator option in "Attribute Customization"
I think it makes sense to do it through a "Regular Expression", but I'm not sure what the expression would be?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Dec 03 '15, 12:13 p.m.
You should be able to use the built-in Precondition called "Required Attributes for Type and State" and then specify which work item type and then what attributes are required to be filled in moving into whatever state you want.  For example, if it is required when initially created, you would specify it is required for "New" (or "Open" or whatever it is called in the given workflow).

Comments
Daniel Flores Montanez commented Dec 03 '15, 1:02 p.m.

I know how to do it that way, but I was wondering if it was possible to do it through the Validator. The error message is more customizable among other reasons.

Thank you for the quick reply, but I'm still wondering if it can be done through the "Regular expressions" option?

Daniel Flores Montanez commented Dec 03 '15, 1:02 p.m.

I know how to do it that way, but I was wondering if it was possible to do it through the Validator. The error message is more customizable among other reasons.

Thank you for the quick reply, but I'm still wondering if it can be done through the "Regular expressions" option? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.