It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need to create stream & projects using SCM on UNIX

Aditya Vyas (633) | asked May 10 '12, 12:25 p.m.
I have a requirement to create stream (new and based on existing stream's baseline) and project using the SCM command line but I dont see any command or subcommand which can help me to do that.

Any idea?

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered May 14 '12, 2:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a requirement to create stream (new and based on existing stream's baseline) and project using the SCM command line but I dont see any command or subcommand which can help me to do that.

Any idea?

The ability to create a stream can be tracked in the following work item:
"169093: Add scm CLI option for stream (create stream / delete stream / update stream)" (https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/169093). Feel free add comments there expressing your interest.

Unfortunately, I am unaware of a way to programmatically create a project area. The ability to create a project area or team area is outside of the realm of SCM. I.e. You could imagine a build of RTC in which SCM was stripped out leaving only "Work Items Tracking" features.... Project areas and team areas would still exist. This is why the ability to create a project/team area using the scm.exe does not exist (and probably will not exist in the future).

permanent link
Aditya Vyas (633) | answered May 14 '12, 2:14 p.m.
Thanks David, let me look at the link you provided.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.