It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Associating all workitems to 1 project area

VK L (8177154159) | asked May 08 '12, 10:21 a.m.
Hi All,
I need to associate all workitems of a particular type (from different project areas) to a single project area.
Say all Risks raised under all projects should finally reflect in a common project. Multiple duplication should not be there - Only instance is needed.

How can this be achieved?

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Shashank Balasubramanian (1361) | answered May 08 '12, 2:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,
I need to associate all workitems of a particular type (from different project areas) to a single project area.
Say all Risks raised under all projects should finally reflect in a common project. Multiple duplication should not be there - Only instance is needed.

How can this be achieved?

Thanks.

I don't think you can move all risk work items automatically to another project area on creation.

However, you can deploy a custom report which queries all project areas and retrieves all open risks. This report could be deployed on the dashboard of the project area which you want to use for monitoring.

You can find more details about creating a report on http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/10/creatingcustomreportswithbirtandrtc-part1/index.html

Hope this helps.

Shashank
Rational Team Concert - Tracking and Planning

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.