It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting altered process template

Marnie Andrews (4122) | asked May 04 '12, 1:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This has likely been asked before, but I can't figure out the forum search feature. :(

I've imported a template to my CLM 3.0.1 system. I've applied that template to a new project area. I then made changes using the Work Items web editors to some types, editors and workflows.

Now I'd like to export the process template to use on another 3.0.1 server.

I can't see how to do this from the web. I don't really want to install the Eclipse client just for this export, but is that my only choice?

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 05 '12, 6:29 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can create a new process template from your project area in the project area's context menu in the Team Artifacts view. Once created you can export the template in the Web admin UI and import it on this or another server.

I usually use G****e (using site:jazz.net at the end of the query) or the advanced search https://jazz.net/search_results.jsp?q= to find stuff on Jazz.net. 8-)

permanent link
Marnie Andrews (4122) | answered May 06 '12, 5:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Okay, so it looks like I'll have to install the thick client. That's a shame. A lot of overhead just to export a process template. :(

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 07 '12, 2:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Okay, so it looks like I'll have to install the thick client. That's a shame. A lot of overhead just to export a process template. :(

Downloading and importing templates is available in the Web client.

What the Eclipse Client does, is creating a template from the process of a project area. It is available in the context menu of the project area node in the team artifacts view. This capability as well as the capability to configure operational behavior is not yet available in the Web Client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.