It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to share non code resources by command line

Hehui Liu (7052830) | asked May 03 '12, 8:59 a.m.
We are sharing our project resources including codes by command line under linux environment, and in our project, there lots of .class, .obj etc files which we need to manager by RTC SCM also. But from below link, it seems we only could
https://jazz.net/library/article/126#How_do_I_share_a_file_that_s_ign
share the .class files by RTC client for the project with .project file. In our project, we must share our project with command line since there have nearly 100 components (it will spend us lots of time to share the components manully by RTC client), and also our components are not eclipse proects. In this case, how could we share our project resources such as .class, .obj files?
Thanks a lot!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 08 '12, 4:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hehui,

you typically would not share results of a build such as .obj or .class files.
I would discourage you to do that.

Because of this there is a number of files in the default ignore list. You can view and modify the ignore list in the eclipse client. You can also version the ignore list. I would assume if you remove the files from the ignore list you can check them in. Again I would discourage to do so,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.