It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using External STAX Provider in Testscript/ Testcase

Martin Hölzel (111) | asked Apr 30 '12, 7:54 a.m.
Hello,
my goal is to run automated STAX scripts in RQM. I followed the instructions to add STAX as external provider to RQM. Now i can see my scripts in "All Automations" and start them manually from there.

My question is: Is there a way to add these scripts to a RQM testscript/ testcase, that can be managed by the application? It isn't really useful, that i have to start them by hand and that i have to add all parameters each time. I thought i could use them like RFT scripts here:

(sry...i don't really know why the image is not shown)

I hope the question is clear enough :)

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered May 15 '12, 5:31 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
my goal is to run automated STAX scripts in RQM. I followed the instructions to add STAX as external provider to RQM. Now i can see my scripts in "All Automations" and start them manually from there.

My question is: Is there a way to add these scripts to a RQM testscript/ testcase, that can be managed by the application? It isn't really useful, that i have to start them by hand and that i have to add all parameters each time. I thought i could use them like RFT scripts here:

(sry...i don't really know why the image is not shown)

I hope the question is clear enough :)

Thanks

STAX jobs aren't testscripts, they are part of the deployment component. The purpose of that integration is to deploy test environments where you can execute the tests. If you want to use STAX as a test execution engine, there is nothing out of the box that will do it, but you might try doing it with the command line adapter.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.