It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copying of requirements in duplicate test scripts

Shuchita Tripathi (31436595) | asked Apr 27 '12, 11:09 a.m.
I have linked a requirement to a test step in test script. But when I am duplicating that test script, the requirement is not staying in the copied one. I want that requirement to stay even in the duplicate copy of the test script.

Is there any way to implement this?

3 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 28 '12, 2:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, @shuchitatripathi,
do you mean insert a requirement link to the manual testscript step?
if so I just tried on RQM 3013, and it works fine.
or you use some other ways to link a step to requirement?
and which version of RQM are you using?
I have linked a requirement to a test step in test script. But when I am duplicating that test script, the requirement is not staying in the copied one. I want that requirement to stay even in the duplicate copy of the test script.

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 28 '12, 3:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi @shuchitatripathi,
I think you are using RQM4.0 and checking "Allow linking between Requirements and Test Script steps" option.
I'm trying with the RQM 4.0 RC2, and found the same problem with you, I think you can open a defect.

permanent link
Shuchita Tripathi (31436595) | answered Apr 30 '12, 3:22 a.m.
Hi @ wanhaobj,
I am using RQM4.0 RC1. I am able to link requirement to the test steps, but when I am creating a duplicate of it, the requirements are not staying in the duplicate copy. I want that when I create a duplicate copy of my test script, the requirements link should also get copied. But this is not happening.. Is there any way to get this done?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.