It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make fields Mandatory ?

Deepa yr (1643) | asked Aug 07 '08, 1:17 a.m.
We can add custom attributes to the Work item. In editor presentations, i edited the presentation ie custom attribute and added the property mandatory with value true.
but i didnt find that property is applied to the field.
How can i make that field as mandatory?

5 answers

permanent link
Steve Speicher (31765) | answered Aug 07 '08, 8:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We can add custom attributes to the Work item. In editor presentations, i edited the presentation ie custom attribute and added the property mandatory with value true.
but i didnt find that property is applied to the field.
How can i make that field as mandatory?

Take a look at:
https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/work-items/setting-up.html#requiredProperties

This gives instructions on how to use the Required Properties Precondition.

permanent link
Deepa yr (1643) | answered Aug 11 '08, 5:16 a.m.
I looked into the link which has been communicated. In my project area, under operation behaviour i am not able to see work item category. I am able to see only save personal dashboard and save project dashboard. What extra steps do i need to take to see all other items in the list. Kindly can provide me the detail steps for making custom attribute mandatory.

permanent link
Christof Marti (681) | answered Aug 12 '08, 2:31 a.m.
There's another Operation Behavior node under Team Configuration. The one you looked at must be under Project Configuration.

Christof
Jazz Work Item team

deepayr wrote:
I looked into the link which has been communicated. In my project
area, under operation behaviour i am not able to see work item
category. I am able to see only save personal dashboard and save
project dashboard. What extra steps do i need to take to see all
other items in the list. Kindly can provide me the detail steps for
making custom attribute mandatory.

permanent link
David Beange (111358101) | answered Jun 01 '12, 8:06 a.m.
I have a requirement in RTC 3.0.1 for the estimate field to be mandatory when a specific value is selected from an enumeration list. There are 3 possible values out of a list of 10 that when selected would require the estimate to be completed.

If I apply the "required estimate precondition" then it would be applied all the time and not just selectively for the specific values chosen form the list.

Can somebody help please.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 01 '12, 8:14 a.m.
to make selective fields required based on an enum, you need to use the Dynamic Required Attributes save filter, and scripts.

you would create a script to return true for each enum value selectable that u care about.

and then use that script to trigger the save filter.

see this section Dynamic required attributes
of https://jazz.net/library/article/537

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.