It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RTC V2 on AIX

Sam Sultana (5611311) | asked Jul 07 '09, 5:40 a.m.
Hi,

I have downloaded the AIX version of the RTC V2 Enterprise Edition Server code onto one of our AIX boxes and have unzip the files to a temp directory, but when I try and run the ./launchpad.sh script nothing happens??? :cry:

I have checked I have mozilla correctly install and can run as my default browser.

Looking into the scripts I see that all of the output is dumped to /null and therefore I get no error message displayed? :?:

Has anyone install RTC V2 on AIX successfully as yet?

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jul 07 '09, 9:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have downloaded the AIX version of the RTC V2 Enterprise Edition Server code onto one of our AIX boxes and have unzip the files to a temp directory, but when I try and run the ./launchpad.sh script nothing happens??? :cry:

I have checked I have mozilla correctly install and can run as my default browser.

Looking into the scripts I see that all of the output is dumped to /null and therefore I get no error message displayed? :?:

Hi Sam

Just wanted to check the obvious...are you on the supported version of AIX (see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg27015746#UNIX). Is launchpad.sh executable?

Less obvious - on Linux there are sometimes issues with the incorrect version of the X Libs installed, and that has cause problems with the Eclipse client (but should not be a problem for the browser).

anthony

permanent link
Sam Sultana (5611311) | answered Jul 07 '09, 9:41 a.m.
Hi Anthony,

We are running the correct level of AIX 5.3 and TL8, so I don't think that is the problem.

Where would I find what the correct level of the X Libs would/should be?

regards,

Sam (Frit) Sultana

Hi,

Hi Sam

Just wanted to check the obvious...are you on the supported version of AIX (see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg27015746#UNIX). Is launchpad.sh executable?

Less obvious - on Linux there are sometimes issues with the incorrect version of the X Libs installed, and that has cause problems with the Eclipse client (but should not be a problem for the browser).

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.