It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update Iteration Dates in Plan

Luis Avila (633) | asked Apr 20 '12, 1:54 p.m.
Hi,

I'm using RTC 3.0.1, i want to use the rollover feature showed in the link
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.apt.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_save_plan_snapshot.html&re=1&scope=null , but the check button doesn't appear in the web's interface plan view.

The project area is configured with the OpenUp process. Do i need to configure a PA with the traditional process in order to have this feature?

Regards

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 23 '12, 4:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Luis,

have you checked if the user you are using has the Permission to save Plan Snapshots (Team configuration)?

This permission was not available in the past and thus not granted to anybody.

The snapshot types available might depend on the template. The formal process template has more, I think.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 23 '12, 5:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I looked into it a bit more and the option is not available for the open up template. In 3.0.1.1 actually the check box does not even appear.

The reason for that is, my best guess, that formal planning works very different from the agile approach used in Scrum and OpenUp. The iterations are fixed and if you can't fit a task into an iteration, you do it in a different tone. I have seen articles on how to bring the formal planning into other projects but I am not sure that this is what you want to do.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.