It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Making RTC run more efficiently

Andy Armstrong (1126) | asked Apr 20 '12, 11:49 a.m.
Hi folks!

I am running RTC with RTS on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS *I know this isnt supported* - I have used a fix from a bug about too many open files to get this far.

The computer I am using is not massively powerful:

1.8ghz celeron with 768MB ram.

I am finding response times nearly unbearable when using the web pages or eclipse ide. When I look at htop on the ubuntu servers its stating the CPU is barely used - but memory is almost empty with 707/717 MB constantly used - 90% of that is the java process running RTC server. I feel this is the reason that the service appears very slow - as the CPU isnt being utilised and it is not the network.

I dont know what I installed, and I may have other things i dont want or use running as well - for instance QM etc - **cannot remeber the names**

Can anybody tell me how I can turn off everything I dont need - all I want is CCM.

Cheers,

Andy

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 21 '12, 8:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I personally wouldn't try running a server with less than 2 gigabytes of ram available for use by the server.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi folks!

I am running RTC with RTS on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS *I know this isnt supported* - I have used a fix from a bug about too many open files to get this far.

The computer I am using is not massively powerful:

1.8ghz celeron with 768MB ram.

I am finding response times nearly unbearable when using the web pages or eclipse ide. When I look at htop on the ubuntu servers its stating the CPU is barely used - but memory is almost empty with 707/717 MB constantly used - 90% of that is the java process running RTC server. I feel this is the reason that the service appears very slow - as the CPU isnt being utilised and it is not the network.

I dont know what I installed, and I may have other things i dont want or use running as well - for instance QM etc - **cannot remeber the names**

Can anybody tell me how I can turn off everything I dont need - all I want is CCM.

Cheers,

Andy

permanent link
Steven Zheng (21745) | answered Apr 22 '12, 6:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In your case, you have to either have more phsical memeory or enlarge your swap and configure your RTC server to have a large heap. 768 is too small, I'm not sure whether any one had run with that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.