It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Merging issues

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Apr 17 '12, 5:07 p.m.
I've never had so much trouble merging the changes from one stream (maintenance) to the main stream. Not to mention I've never had so many conflicts when doing this type of merge. Now it appears as I'm having trouble resolving a merge. I'm using Perforce's merge tool and using RTC 3.0.1.

I double click the file which opens the merge tool, I step through the conflicts and when closing the tool I save my changes. RTC isn't registering that I've changed the file.

The tooltip says to auto-resolve and after that to select Resolved as Merged. I select auto-resolve the file and RTC says there is a conflict that I need to manually merge the file using a compare tool. So I double click on on the file to open the merge tool and step through the differences. Close the file and save it. I then try and selecting the 'resolve as merged' option but RTC says the file wasn't merged. So now I'm stuck in this merge limbo.

One answer

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Apr 17 '12, 6:19 p.m.
OK. After a little more head banging I've figured out this.

I'm using P4Merge as my compare tool. I step through the merge with P4Merge and save the file when I close it. RTC doesn't seem to be picking up the change from the merge. I tried doing a refesh of workspace and still no luck. I happened to close the eclipse client and reopened it when I noticed the file I was trying to merge all of a sudden had a 'Auto resolvable' on it. So the problem is RTC isn't picking up the changes done with an external compare tool even by doing a Refresh of a workspace. The only way I've been able to get it to pick up the change is to close/reopen the eclipse client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.