It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm command line : unable to load an empty workspace

Jean-Michel Athane (671212) | asked Apr 10 '12, 10:06 a.m.
With the scm command line, I create a workspace from a snapshot which is empty (one component in the Initial state). I want to use this workspace to checkin files. The "load" command issues the following message : "Nothing to load. Filesystem unmodified."
And I cannot checkin my files since I have no workspace loaded in my file system ..
Is there some option of the "load" command I missed ?

3 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 10 '12, 10:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
With the scm command line, I create a workspace from a snapshot which is empty (one component in the Initial state). I want to use this workspace to checkin files. The "load" command issues the following message : "Nothing to load. Filesystem unmodified."
And I cannot checkin my files since I have no workspace loaded in my file system ..
If you're starting with unshared content, you use the 'share' command.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Apr 11 '12, 12:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Or you can load with "-i" option which will create folder using the component's name under your sandbox. You can then copy the files/folders to that folder and use the "checkin" command to commit the files/folders.

If you're starting with unshared content, you use the 'share' command.

permanent link
Jean-Michel Athane (671212) | answered Apr 11 '12, 9:40 a.m.
Thanks for the replies.
-i was the solution to my problem. Using this option, the local sandbox is properly initialized (.jazz5 file, component root dir) and I can do everything I need.
Share is more simple (no need to load). But it works only on directories.
And I just want to share files .. too bad
Anyway, my script works now..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.