It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Basic build engine question

Anita Jey (1611315) | asked Apr 05 '12, 12:29 p.m.
Hi,

I am new to the RTC world, and I am slowly feeling my way and learning things. One the the things that I am trying to do is create a test build engine and build definition on my local jazz team server environment.

I am following instructions from the link:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtczhelp/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.teamz.tutorial.doc/topics/tut_rtcz_create_build_def.html

Went as far as creating the test build engine and build def, but am stumped by the following statement:

To start the build engine:

From a command line, navigate to installdir/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse, where installdir is the Build System Toolkit installation directory

Type jbe -vm clientinstalldir/jazz/client/eclipse/jdk/bin/java -repository repositoryURL -userId build pass password -engineId PreludeBuildEngine ...

I don't remember installing a "Build System Toolkit" when I installed the jazz team server. Is it implicitly done? Or did I miss a crucial step?

I also don't find any folders/path structure called buildsystem, buildengine, or even a file called jbe. What am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-AJ

Accepted answer

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86224948) | answered Apr 05 '12, 1:05 p.m.

I don't remember installing a "Build System Toolkit" when I installed the jazz team server. Is it implicitly done? Or did I miss a crucial step?
-AJ

The build toolkit requires a separate download that you can get on the 'Downloads -- Rational Team Concert (-- select your RTC Version) -- All Downloads' tab.
Then you can install it using the 'Installation Manager' or the plain .zip file - instructions also available for IBM i or z/OS :
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_install_build_toolkit.html
Anita Jey selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.