It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Artifact Templates - Little info on how to Use them

Holt Adams (1645) | asked Apr 04 '12, 12:39 p.m.
I'm not finding much information on how to utilize Artifact templates. On the RRC InfoCenter site its clear how to create an Artifact Template...but nothing on how to utilize them.....Nor was I able to find anything in this Forum for using Artifact Templates.

I have an existing Artifact Type of "Business Goals" and created an artifact with the name of BG using this type (new BG artifact has ID=5). My hope is that if I create an Artifact Template based on Artifact 5, that the contents of the Artifact ("BG" will be included in any new artifact I create using the Template.

I then created an Artifact Template called BGT that is based on Artifact 5. However when I go to create a new artifact using the BGT Template....I am not able to find any reference to the BGT Template. I was expecting to have it listed in the dialog where you select the Artifact Types (e.g. Supporting Document, Feature, SW Requirement, Business Goals).

Am I missing something?

Thanks, Holt

One answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Apr 04 '12, 4:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not finding much information on how to utilize Artifact templates. On the RRC InfoCenter site its clear how to create an Artifact Template...but nothing on how to utilize them.....Nor was I able to find anything in this Forum for using Artifact Templates.

I have an existing Artifact Type of "Business Goals" and created an artifact with the name of BG using this type (new BG artifact has ID=5). My hope is that if I create an Artifact Template based on Artifact 5, that the contents of the Artifact ("BG" will be included in any new artifact I create using the Template.

I then created an Artifact Template called BGT that is based on Artifact 5. However when I go to create a new artifact using the BGT Template....I am not able to find any reference to the BGT Template. I was expecting to have it listed in the dialog where you select the Artifact Types (e.g. Supporting Document, Feature, SW Requirement, Business Goals).

Am I missing something?

Thanks, Holt

From the create artifact wizard dialogue there is an option for selecting the artifact template, towards the bottom, to be used during creation for the selected artifact type. If you artifact template does not appear in the drop down, then either the artifact template was created using a different type or it was not saved in the project. Check the project properties to see if the artifact template exists and has the right type.

If it does exist, select it as part of the wizard, and your new artifact will be populated with the template contents.

FYI: This shows the create artifact wizard http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.tutorial.doc%2Ftopics%2Flesson1_rrm.html and this is some help information on creating artifact templates and a what to do next section at the bottom http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_create_artifact_template.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.