It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WorkItem synch question regarding RTC & RDM collaboratio

Jin Zhou (191711) | asked Apr 02 '12, 9:22 a.m.
Hello.

This is a collaboration question about RTC with RDM(Rhapsody Design Manager).
In RDM, user can create review and link it with WorkItem in RTC.
After the link being created, how's the synchronization rules between RDM and RTC being applied. For example, if user updated field "Due Date" on RDM side, would the new value being automatically synchronized to WorkItem ?
Or once the mapped field in WorkItem being updated, would it also be reflected automatically to Review linked in RDM?

I checked the infocenter, it mentioned RTC, CC collaboration providing CQ Synchronizer tool. Not sure weather this feature would also be available in RTC, RDM environment. Does user need to install some component or plugin for synchronization implementation?

Is that possible to make RDM review synchronized with linked workitem in RTC?
Please advice, thanks in advance. :)

4 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 02 '12, 10:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RDM and in any Jazz tool, RDM uses the work item capability provided by the CCM application (sold separately as the "RTC" product). So there aren't two objects being synchronized ... just one object with multiple ways to get at it. The one exception was RQM-1.0 and 2.0, which had its "own" work item store ... but as of RQM-3.0, RQM now just uses the CCM work item store, like all the other Jazz applications.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hello.

This is a collaboration question about RTC with RDM(Rhapsody Design Manager).
In RDM, user can create review and link it with WorkItem in RTC.
After the link being created, how's the synchronization rules between RDM and RTC being applied. For example, if user updated field "Due Date" on RDM side, would the new value being automatically synchronized to WorkItem ?
Or once the mapped field in WorkItem being updated, would it also be reflected automatically to Review linked in RDM?

I checked the infocenter, it mentioned RTC, CC collaboration providing CQ Synchronizer tool. Not sure weather this feature would also be available in RTC, RDM environment. Does user need to install some component or plugin for synchronization implementation?

Is that possible to make RDM review synchronized with linked workitem in RTC?
Please advice, thanks in advance. :)

permanent link
Jin Zhou (191711) | answered Apr 03 '12, 2:33 a.m.
Thanks for replying, Geoffrey.

Probably you mean it's unnecessary to have review@RDM synchronized with
workitem@RTC, right?

Would you please explain what's the benefits users can expect when creating link from review to workitem?

If the pre-defined workitem content is not suitable enough, i think user can create a new template of workitem from scratch and link the review@RDM with the new type of workitem to store more info to RTC.
For example, user could map the Due Date field in review@RDM to the same Due Date field which is defined on workitem@RTC. Further more, user could expect the two Due Date always been synchronized.

Hi, Geoffrey, do you think if this kind of customer requirements coming up,
it could be treated as a enhancement ?

By the way, after I created friend outbound link from RDM to RTC, and also created association between the project areas of RDM and RTC, I still couldn't find the entry for me to create workitem for a selected review from RDM on links tab.

On the tab of the review, only show info, no entry. Did I miss sth? Did I also have to add friend link to RDM from RTC as well

Thanks and Regards

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 03 '12, 1:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To my knowledge, there is no out-of-the-box synchronization provided between review@RDM and workitem@RTC attribute values. It certainly would be reasonable to request this as an enhancement (be specific in the request about what fields you want synchronized). Until that capability is available, you'd need to write your own process follow-up action to push the field information to the other repository. (I don't know if RDM supports follow-up actions on review save ... you might want to ask about that in the RDM forum).

Cheers,
Geoff

Thanks for replying, Geoffrey.

Probably you mean it's unnecessary to have review@RDM synchronized with
workitem@RTC, right?

Would you please explain what's the benefits users can expect when creating link from review to workitem?

If the pre-defined workitem content is not suitable enough, i think user can create a new template of workitem from scratch and link the review@RDM with the new type of workitem to store more info to RTC.
For example, user could map the Due Date field in review@RDM to the same Due Date field which is defined on workitem@RTC. Further more, user could expect the two Due Date always been synchronized.

Hi, Geoffrey, do you think if this kind of customer requirements coming up,
it could be treated as a enhancement ?

By the way, after I created friend outbound link from RDM to RTC, and also created association between the project areas of RDM and RTC, I still couldn't find the entry for me to create workitem for a selected review from RDM on links tab.

On the tab of the review, only show info, no entry. Did I miss sth? Did I also have to add friend link to RDM from RTC as well

Thanks and Regards

permanent link
Jin Zhou (191711) | answered Apr 03 '12, 8:34 p.m.
Hello Geoff

Thanks a lot for your kind help.
All the info you shared is really helpful to me.

Thanks and Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.