It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatic creation of workitems bases on workflow states in RTC

Naweed Jaulim (632732) | asked Aug 07 '13, 12:40 p.m.
 All,

Is it possible for a new work item(e.g task) to be created automatically based on a workflow state(e.g. in progress) in another work item(e.g Change Request)?

Scenario - I create a change request and when this moves to an "in progress" state a task work item is created automatically and certain fields and title gets automatically filled based on some values in the change request work item.

Any assistance or guides how to implement this would be much appreciated,

Regards,
Naweed

Accepted answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Aug 07 '13, 5:50 p.m.
I believe that you will have to customize the client/server behavior by writing plugins. In this case, you would want to write a participant. The participant plugin will be called when there is a state change. In the plugin's code, you can add the logic to create new task, fill various fields and possibly associate with the work item as well. You can read more on customization here - https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/extendingrtc/?lang=en 
Naweed Jaulim selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naweed Jaulim commented Aug 13 '13, 9:56 a.m.

Hi Surya,

I will look into this.

Thanks,

Naweed

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.