It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reports tables

Yehiel Glass (25538986) | asked Apr 01 '12, 4:44 a.m.
Hi,
I need to provide reports about files changes in the repository.
Is there a way to have a report table of the changes (not Work-items. I need file names) ?
I saw that there is a graph of 'project activity' but I need something more like a table with names.
I heard about RRDI but don't know if it can help me with reports of files (not work-items).
Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86224948) | answered Apr 01 '12, 5:39 a.m.

Is there a way to have a report table of the changes (not Work-items. I need file names) ?
I saw that there is a graph of 'project activity' but I need something more like a table with names.

May I first point you to the Data Warehouse Snapshot Schemas , look at the 'SCM Snapshot' section and associated tables providing "information about changed files and folders, change sets, and overall size".

I heard about RRDI but don't know if it can help me with reports of files (not work-items).
This CLM 2011 reporting workshop provides extended information on RRDI which might be of use for you, especially in the CLM2011ReportingWorkshopIntroduction material that you can download.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 01 '12, 11:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The data warehouse does not store SCM information at the level of detail of filenames (it stores summary information, such as number of changes). For detailed SCM information, you will want to look at the scm command line. In particular, you can often write a script to extract information via the scm command line and process the results into the form you want.

Cheers,
Geoff

May I first point you to the Data Warehouse Snapshot Schemas , look at the 'SCM Snapshot' section and associated tables providing "information about changed files and folders, change sets, and overall size".

This CLM 2011 reporting workshop provides extended information on RRDI which might be of use for you, especially in the CLM2011ReportingWorkshopIntroduction material that you can download.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.