It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

what is system requirement for CLM 4.0?

Ivy Ho (4711419) | asked Mar 31 '12, 10:51 a.m.
Do you have a link to the system requirement for installing CLM 4.0?

Are there existing technotes./tips on issues for installing that we should watch up?

I have tried installing and un installing 3 times already , no luck.

I tried windows XP and windows 7. windows 7 has more issues when trying to configure db2 and MTM samples.
The tomcat server has errors starting from time to time .
Do you recommend was to be the server instead?
For filing a bug report, how to do it? CLM consists of different products, so we may not even know which components to file .
Thanks so much!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Apr 05 '13, 4:22 a.m.
As CLM 4.0 is released here is hte link to system requirements on jazz.net: https://jazz.net/library/article/811
Ivy Ho selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 31 '12, 11:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

the system requirements are always linked from the download pages. Try this https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/milestones/4.0RC1 read item 1 and follow the link. You should carefully read that page every time you gat a new version, product or milestone.

For work items, do a best guess. Typically file against a product. If it is around integrations and not for a product, file CLM.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Apr 04 '12, 9:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are there existing technotes./tips on issues for installing that we should watch up?

I tried windows XP and windows 7. windows 7 has more issues when trying to configure db2 and MTM samples.
For filing a bug report, how to do it? CLM consists of different products, so we may not even know which components to file .
Thanks so much!

FYI: The Requirements Management MTM sample content we developed on a Windows XP 32-bit server with 3.5 Gbytes of memory, and tested on Windows 7 64-bit machines, with 8 Gbytes of memory. In both cases using the same FF 10 browser, with tomcat and derby.

This page contains intended platforms that we hope to support
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CLMWorkbenchSystemRequirements

So I am not sure why you would have problems installing, but as Ralph suggested you can raise a work item, or if you have a customer ID you can contact Tech Support for further help.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Apr 04 '12, 9:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks so much!

FYI: The Requirements Management MTM sample content we developed on a Windows XP 32-bit server with 3.5 Gbytes of memory, and tested on Windows 7 64-bit machines, with 8 Gbytes of memory. In both cases using the same FF 10 browser, with tomcat and derby.

This page contains intended platforms that we hope to support
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CLMWorkbenchSystemRequirements

So I am not sure why you would have problems installing, but as Ralph suggested you can raise a work item, or if you have a customer ID you can contact Tech Support for further help.

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Apr 05 '13, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Ivy,

Can you describe the error or problems you are seeing when trying to start tomcat?  If the Tomcat window appears on the screen but closes almost immediately after a possible cause could be that the system doesn't have sufficient memory.

Verify that your hardware meets or exceed the minimum requirements for memory.  I see the system requirements links have already been provided in previous comments.  If requirements are not met you can lower the memory in the the server.startup.bat as a temporary workaround, but this will impact the performance of the system.  The default -xmx value is 4000M.  If the system doesn't have sufficient memory, this will cause the behavior described where the start fails and the tomcat window disappears. 

I hope this helps.

Comments
Ivy Ho commented Apr 05 '13, 9:50 a.m.

Thanks so much. I did not see any javacore thrown, not sure if it is out of  memory. If I run into issue again and have a need to install CLM , I will open bug report.

Thanks again for all the answers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.