It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Limit componet per stream

r c (3155) | asked Mar 27 '12, 5:12 a.m.
Hi,
We want implement scm component as eclipse project. Our doubt is how many components can support one stream.
We need to add more than 300 components per stream. It is possible?.
Does Anyone have similar number of component/stream?.

Thanks,
Ramn Cao

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 27 '12, 5:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ramon,

from the sizing guide: https://jazz.net/library/article/551

Source Control: We recommend 50K files and folders in a single component and if you have more files to split them into multiple components. We encourage individual users to keep less than 300 change sets suspended. While there is no limitation, there is a tendency for a large suspended set can slow down operations involving the suspended set (suspend, resume, and discard) as well as add to some additional costs in refreshing or changing collaborations. We have tested the user experience of working with a large number of components in workspaces and streams. There are no known issues with having hundreds of components in a stream or workspace, and we have tested the user experience with 500 components in collaboration.

Comments
NANCY SCHIPON commented May 09 '13, 2:46 p.m.

Ralph,
I have a similar question.

I have slightly over 21,000 VM parts to transfer to RTC as individual components.

What would you suggest the best process is to transfer a large number of parts/components from VM to RTC?

I am using Eclipse RTC 3.0 which is needed to communicate to the VM system for compatibility.

permanent link
r c (3155) | answered Mar 27 '12, 7:02 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your reply.

Ramn Cao

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.