It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change workflow category in the FormalPM template ?

Gray Bachelor (3644) | asked Jul 04 '11, 6:57 p.m.
Want to create new WI type with its own workflow.

Currently the default Task workflow is picked up when create new WI type and hence can't assign workflow specifically (w'flow are assigned by WI type category). Field for category isnt editable in eclipse

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 05 '11, 1:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Currently the default Task workflow is picked up when create new WI type and hence can't assign workflow specifically (w'flow are assigned by WI type category). Field for category isnt editable in eclipse

Gray, you can select and change the workflow assigned to a work item type. In 3.x this is in the workflow section in the types and attributes editor. It was also possible in 1.x and 2.x.

permanent link
Gray Bachelor (3644) | answered Jul 05 '11, 4:57 a.m.

Gray, you can select and change the workflow assigned to a work item type. In 3.x this is in the workflow section in the types and attributes editor. It was also possible in 1.x and 2.x.

Hi Ralph - I need to add a new WI type category so it can have its own (new) workflow. The mapping is shown but not editable in eclipse in the WI Types & Attributes editor (defined in the Configuration source). I now see that the category is created only when the new WI type is created - i.e. WI type category cant be changed via an editor after the fact.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 05 '11, 5:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gray,

so you found it. Please note you can duplicate a workflow so that you can reuse and enhance it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.