It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to track planned vs executed test cases for iteration?

Timur Markunin (6495165145) | asked Mar 19 '12, 9:33 a.m.
Hello,

I'm trying to find out how I could compare planned test execution with actual test execution for particular iteration:

I have several hundreds test cases in my project. I have grouped these test cases into test suites. Each test suite has associated test phase. For each iteration I have "New functionality" test suite and "Regression" test suite.
I've created test suite execution record for each test suite that are linked to test milestones.

How could I compare test cases that are planned to the test phase and actual test case execution records that are linked to the test milestone?

-thanks in advance

One answer

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Mar 21 '12, 4:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

If I understand correctly it looks like you want to run the Execution Trend report.

That report can be finicky, however.

Make sure the Milestones in your report have at least Planned Start and End Dates. Depending on your version of QM you may want to add Actual start and end dates as there have been bugs in the past that required actual dates.
Also, make sure your TERs are associated with the Test Plan and Milestone. And your results need to be recorded during the duration of the report to appear in the report. So if the milestone you choose to report on runs from 03/01-03/31 and you record a result on 04/01 that result will not appear in the report.

I hope that makes sense and helps,
Mark

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.