It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: Import SVN dump file in command line.

austen joe (133) | asked Mar 19 '12, 9:24 a.m.
Hi is it possible to import a SVN dump file using command line? I would like to automate an incremental dump import, and I was thinking this could be a solution.

Comments
Tim Mok commented Jan 14 '14, 8:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Partial dump files are also not supported. Any solution you come up with at the moment will be limited by this. The importer can handle only importing what's changed since the last full dump but the subsequent import will still require the full dump file.

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 14 '14, 5:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 14 '14, 5:07 a.m.
Here my 2 cent:

Like the other import capabilities, this is controlled in an Eclipse wizard. I would assume the API code therefore is in the Eclipse client and not part of the Plain Java client Libraries. It is also most likely not in any of the command line tools.

You could use an approach as described by Jorge in http://jorgediazblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/custom-bugzilla-importer-for-non-consecutive-bug-ids/ to create your own wizard or menu that reads a file in Eclipse and then calls the internal classes with data from that file.

permanent link
Geoffrey Paulsen (6) | answered Dec 13 '13, 4:34 p.m.
yes Please.  This would be very useful for importing incremental svn dumps.

permanent link
Ana Lopez-Mancisidor (25648967) | answered Jan 14 '14, 4:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, any comments on this? I have many very large dump files (with lot of tags and branches ) to import from SVN and I would like to automate the process from the command line.

I know each branch has to be imported as a different step, but at least if I could create a batch script it will simplify the process instead of manually using the GUI.

Thanks,

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Jan 14 '14, 6:19 a.m.
I agree with Ralph.
Except that I believe that it is good RFE. Feel free to create it if you need that: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.