It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 3.0.1.2 upgrade failure

David Hanslip (23124448) | asked Mar 16 '12, 2:00 a.m.
Hi,

I have just "nearly" completed the process of upgrading CLM from 3.0.1.1 to 3.0.1.2.

jts_upgrade, ccm_upgrade and qm_upgrade scripts completed fine.

rm_upgrade returned to the C:\ prompt early after closing the configuration file.

I am now unable to log in:

You are currently logged in to the Admin Web UI as a user without JazzAdmins permissions. Most of the functionality will be unavailable. If you believe you should have full access, please contact your administrator.

If I try to do anything this error is displayed:

The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.contributor.internal.JtsAdminRestService" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.IRepositoryItemService", failed to be activated.ID CRJAZ1972E
hide details
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:319)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:652)
etc

Caused by:
The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService" failed during activation. (com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException)ID CRJAZ1092I
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:246)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:603)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:665)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:168)
... 76 more.
Caused by:
There is a version mismatch between the installed code and the database. See the product documentation for migrating the Jazz repository. (java.lang.RuntimeException)ID CRJAZ1050I
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.validateInstalledComponents(RepositoryItemService.java:252)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.doStartup(RepositoryItemService.java:210)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.activate(RepositoryItemService.java:131)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:188)
... 80 more.

Any suggestions please? I'd really prefer not to have to try to restore a backup.

One answer

permanent link
David Hanslip (23124448) | answered Mar 16 '12, 3:24 a.m.
I'm guessing that the rm_upgrade completed successfully and that it finished quickly because it had very little to do.

So, there's some other problem with the upgrade.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.