It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Displaying message in Team Advisor view?

Ernest Crvich (19211919) | asked Mar 14 '12, 11:51 a.m.
How does one programmatically throw an error message into the Team Advisor view from a client plugin? e.g., I start up an Eclipse Job to do some background RTC-specific work and so this view seems the most appropriate place to report problems.

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Mar 14 '12, 2:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Team Advisor shows the result of operations governed by Process. To see how to define a process operation, see this wiki page:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/TeamProcessDeveloperGuide#Operations
How does one programmatically throw an error message into the Team Advisor view from a client plugin? e.g., I start up an Eclipse Job to do some background RTC-specific work and so this view seems the most appropriate place to report problems.

permanent link
Ernest Crvich (19211919) | answered Mar 14 '12, 4:42 p.m.
Yeah, we use that for our server plugin, but this case is purely client side code that doesn't trigger from any RTC entities/operations, but rather from our own client mods (our own custom views and wizards), so I'm guessing that's a "no". I was just hoping there was a generic programmatic way of sending a message to that view without having to be an advisor/participant.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.