It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

users teams, roles, history for changes

Marshall Schor (1012724) | asked Mar 13 '12, 4:20 p.m.
In RTC, you can see lists of users by teams, projects, RTC server and maybe others, together with their roles.

Is there a reverse kind of listing - for a particular user, to find out what teams, projects, etc. they are members of, what roles they have in those teams? (I know I could go, individually, to each team, and scan for the user, etc., but I'm looking for a listing by user).

Also, is there a way for the admin (me) to save extra information about each user (e.g., refs to the email which asked for them to be added to some team, or assigned some role, etc.).

Do changes to user attributes (team members, roles, etc.) get recorded in a "history", so you can trace back and see why an action was done?

3 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Mar 14 '12, 6:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
there are multiple requests here.

1 - list for a particular user, to find out what teams, projects, etc. they are members of, what roles they have in those teams?
--> you may use the RTC Client - right-click your connection - Administer --> Open Users and select the user you want to check.
You'll see various information such as the PA / TA the user belongs to (along with work assignment)
I agree - it would be preferable to have an HTML runtime report that displays such information (we already have the PA runtime report)
Though I'm pretty sure we have an enhancement about that - feel free to open a new enhancement against Process component.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

2 - Also, is there a way for the admin (me) to save extra information about each user (e.g., refs to the email which asked for them to be added to some team, or assigned some role, etc.).
--> not to my knowledge - you may request the ability to customize the user editor in a new enhancement.

3 - Do changes to user attributes (team members, roles, etc.) get recorded in a "history", so you can trace back and see why an action was done?
--> currently - you can open the Project Area Editor and view change events to see what changes were performed
However - you can not see the detail of the changes.
This will be addressed with https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/32300

Hope it helps.
Eric.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 14 '12, 10:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For request 2 (storing additional information about a user), that is work item 159453.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hello,
there are multiple requests here.

1 - list for a particular user, to find out what teams, projects, etc. they are members of, what roles they have in those teams?
--> you may use the RTC Client - right-click your connection - Administer --> Open Users and select the user you want to check.
You'll see various information such as the PA / TA the user belongs to (along with work assignment)
I agree - it would be preferable to have an HTML runtime report that displays such information (we already have the PA runtime report)
Though I'm pretty sure we have an enhancement about that - feel free to open a new enhancement against Process component.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

2 - Also, is there a way for the admin (me) to save extra information about each user (e.g., refs to the email which asked for them to be added to some team, or assigned some role, etc.).
--> not to my knowledge - you may request the ability to customize the user editor in a new enhancement.

3 - Do changes to user attributes (team members, roles, etc.) get recorded in a "history", so you can trace back and see why an action was done?
--> currently - you can open the Project Area Editor and view change events to see what changes were performed
However - you can not see the detail of the changes.
This will be addressed with https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/32300

Hope it helps.
Eric.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Mar 14 '12, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
good catch for 159453, Geoff.
I full text searched RTC PA - not Foundation...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.